Subject: Re: PAR
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 94 23:15:28 PDT

Paul,
>Also, (off topic alert) is the Amiga PAR the same hardware card as the PC
>PAR? (There is a PC version, isn't there?)  Can I just swap the card and get
>new software?

	Sorry, no.  (Well, not REALLY sorry.)  Anyway, the Amiga-PAR ,
a virtual necessity for all LW animators (good, back on topic) is a
Zorro slot card, and hence will never fit in a clone.

	However, the TBC IV is a clone-slot card.

	The DPS people have stated publicly that the Amiga PAR-sw is cooler,
mostly (i think) because of the AREXX support.  I myself have written 
several AREXX routines to do handy PAR-trix (tm), which DPS obligingly
makes obsolete by adding features within a month or two!  (Ya-hoo!)

	DPS, for my money, have been THE best Amiga hardware developers.
Support them if you can!

>NC Dept of Community Colleges     Email: [email-masked]

***********************************************************************
*   (OOOOO)  [email-masked]  |  Synergy Graphix & Animation     *
*  (OOOOOOO)  Welcome to Seattle!  |   Film and Video Productions     *
*    \\\\\\    Have a latte'!      |Technical Subjects Our Specialty! *
*     \\\\\\                       |         (206) 283-3540           *
***********************************************************************